10th Anniversary Show
Ten years. It seems like just yesterday we were taking our first steps and throwing up on you after breakfast.
We're starting to get in trouble at school, but it's only because our bodies are changing and we're becoming more sensitive. We're on the cusp of puberty. We're pre-teens, and now is the time you should start planning on having "the talk" with us, because in just 6 short years, we'll be driving. [And you don't want to even think what college is going to cost!]
Our attention span is getting longer; we're becoming more discerning, able to focus on things that interest us. We're developing our own aspirations.
Don't worry – we'll always be your baby. And we're going to enjoy that cake with all those candles.
And so, in true extravaganza style, we're celebrating by performing our favorite large pieces that we've never played again... until now.
What could it be? Special guests from California? New works? Resurrecting classics that rarely see the light of day of your ears?
Will it be Bill Brittelle's Pink Taco or Seven Songs of Zen, Love, and Longing? Will it be John Wriggle's World/Music/Bank for string sextext or Dead Cat Bounce?
Maybe the piece we did with Dälek or The End from The Nitrate Hymnal with Bob Massey?
Hell, we might do John Stafford's Ave Maria for SATB again. Or Dan Lasaga's Methadone for the Blooming Lotus. Or Peter Hess' Voiceprint VII "Constellations" for effing CHAMBER ORCHESTRA.
Or all of the above.
It's our birthday. We're doing it up. You're invited.
217 East 42nd Street (between 2nd and 3rd Aves)
New York, NY
You can find more information (video, audio, and links to live shows on bandcamp) on here.
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council, and in part with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency. Which is basically to say - your tax dollars at work. Yeah, frightening isn't it?
- ASM Drinks Alone... again May 9, 2013
- A S M: A Ca Pe La April 26, 2013
- SHOWDOWN @ JACK! February 18, 2013
- Anti-Social Music Distracts You on a Stressful Night November 6, 2012
- Diana's Opening Night October 20, 2012
- Anti-Social Music Takes it to 11! March 9, 2012
- New Music from Ukraine February 7, 2012
- Cloud Bridge, Detroit - with Warren Defever (His Name Is Alive) October 14-16, 2011
- Look Out, Sarah Lawrence September 28, 2011
- Nono Muchmore Warp(ed) Festival September 17, 2011
- ASM Resurrected (10th Anniversary!) April 29, 2011
- Triangle - A Puppet Play with Live Music! March 24-26, 2011
- Slumming in the Slope March 4, 2011
- ASM Back at Union Pool! December 8, 2010
- ASM Tours to Ukraine! October 30 - November 7, 2010
- ASM Gets On a Plane! October 23, 2010
- New Music Bake Sale September 25, 2010
- Elvis Tribute To End All Elvis Tributes August 16, 2010
- ASM Dips Skinny! Union Pool Party June 30, 2010
- Mucho Mas Muchomas! May 27, 2010
- Papacookie Potluck May 14, 2010
- Democracy! March 25, 2010
- Little ASM, come blow your trumpet January 14, 2010
- ASM Gives Kamala Money November 24, 2009
- ASM Goes (for) Broke! June 25, 2009
- Lonewolf Tribe Benefit May 2, 2009
- New Music Smackdown! April 2, 2009
- Anti-Social Music... Drinks Alone March 6, 2009
- The Glorified Rehearsal! February 17, 2009
- Election Night Spectacular! November 4, 2008
- ASM Blows! September 28, 2008
- Whistling Pigs! June 19, 2008
- Playing Some Music March 13, 2008
- COME TO THE FRONT! February 24, 25, 27, 2008
- Muchmore Music — Muchmore Pierogies December 13, 2007
- Feeling Conservative? November 10, 2007
- OOTASM!!! September 30, 2007
- Mohair Time Warp Redux June 27, 2007
- I HATE SEA BASS: On Willful Obscurantism in William Brittelle's Mohair Time Warp June 8, 2007
- Anti-Social Music Gets Toasted, Visits Bucolic Wonderland May 12, 2007
- änti-söcial müsic dons heavy-metal umlauts April 22, 2007
- ASM: STUCK ON CAPS LOCK April 4, 2007
- Get Your Resolutions on with ASM! January 13, 2007
- The Climax of the Octopus December 2, 2006
- ASM's Gone Soft November 10, 2006
- Give US a Chance October 22, 2006
- Come Out the Wilderness! September 19-21, 2006
- Nitration! June 25 / July 1 & 2, 2006
- ASM at Sarah Lawrence and The Rat Land March 29 / April 4, 2006
- ASM Hits the Medium Time February 23, 2006
- ASM Purls Two January 19, 2006
- ASM Does NOT Sing the Great American Songbook December 10, 2005
- ASM Gives Feedback in Philly November 12, 2005
- His Name is ASM! September 17, 2005
- ASM Titters Coyly September 8-10, 2005
- Spooning with ASM May 21, 2005
- AWOL for ASM February 8 & 18, 2005
- ASM Sleeps Around! December 10, 2004
- ASM Splits the Difference October 8, 2004
- ASM Family Reunion in DC August 28, 2004
- Joe Maneri's Unknown Chamber Works August 14, 2004
- Gin and Tonic? Try ASM and Tonic! July 11, 2004
- The Deadly Rhythms! May 9, 2004
- Insert funny here... April 18, 2004
- ASM saves Tokyo! March 13, 2004
- Late-notice Jersey January 4, 2004
- ASM vs Guignol November 24, 2003
- Hallowmas! October 31, 2003
- ASM on the road, again October 17-19, 2003
- ASM Sings and Plays Out of Tune October 11, 2003
- Return to Galapagos! June 7, 2003
- New Music...With Moxie! February 22, 2003
- Look Ma! Indie opera! January 23-25, 2003
- Don't you just hate that obnoxious little Darwin? October 19, 2002
- What's that Lassie? August 24, 2002
- Very Bad Gothic Poetry August 3, 2002
- ASM stole my girlfriend July 4, 2002
- Try not to break the fine china June 21, 2002
- Bored at work tomorrow? June 20, 2002
- Oasis Grab Bag May 11, 2002
- Dig it -- We're Incorporated! December 1, 2001
- An Afternoon of Anti-Social Chamber Music! March 25, 2001